Saturday, November 29, 2008

Euan Murray in The Independent

I was delighted to read the interview with the Scottish international prop Euan Murray in The Independent newspaper. He is a formidable scrummager and I hope will make the British Lions tour party to South Africa next summer.

Murray was seriously injured during a club match a few years ago but by the grace of God it led to real spiritual changes. The whole interview is here. I was delighted to read this:
"I became scared of where I was going when I died. Life's here one minute and could be gone the next. I tried to change my life and I couldn't, then suddenly my life changed and it was Christ who changed my life, that's why I have faith."

It's impressive for a professional sportsman - never mind a prop forward - to openly discuss this type of thing.

"It's the most important thing in my life," insists Murray. "It's the best thing that's ever happened to me. You want to tell people about it, why keep it to myself?"


2 comments:

William Dicks said...

I see Wales beat Australia 21-18. Excellent!

Ben Carswell said...

Dad interviewed him recently & said he was excellent...great to hear!