Let me give you a heads up on a new conference that I have had a small part in putting together and will be speaking at.
Art Azurdia will be giving the main addresses on the theme of "For His Glory." You can listen to a stack of Art's sermons by visiting Monergism here.
All the details you will need, plus a booking form can be found here.
If you are travelling from overseas Bala is less than two hours from Liverpool and Manchester airports and just over two hours from Birmingham International airport.
Here's the blurb:
The first few years in Pastoral ministry are often thrilling and demanding. God sends many challenges to both humble and excite you in His service. One moment you feel overwhelmed by the difficulties the next it’s the sheer privilege of seeing Christ work through your ministry and it’s all part of a days work for God’s servants. These are formative years – years that mould your thinking and character as a man of God for future service. They are also years when the friends you make may be some of the greatest encouragements for your future ministry. This conference is the opportunity to be refreshed by fellowship and ministry with those who understand the challenges you are facing.
The New Pastors’ Conference is for all Christ loving, cross centred, bible believing men who are in the first five years of Christian work, or students in the final year of their training.
Dates: 23-25 November, 2009
Venue: Bryn-y-Groes Conference Centre, Bala, North Wales
Speakers: Dr. Art Azurdia III, Bill Dyer, Andrew Davies, Martin Downes, Phil Swann, Geoff Thomas, Gwynn Williams
- To encourage, motivate and prepare pastors for a lifetime of ministry
- To build lasting supportive friendships and relationships
- To explore and develop our motivation for ministry
- To increase our vision of God, the Lord Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit
Here’s a taste of the sessions available …
- For His glory – four sessions lead by Art Azurdia
- Glory at the cutting edge – two sessions lead by Bill Dyer
- Change without a sledgehammer – Andrew Davies
- Facing error and opposition in the Church (2 Timothy 2:14-3:9) Martin Downes
- 360 degree preaching (2 Timothy 4:1, 2) Art Azurdia (English), Gwynn Williams (Welsh)
- Being an evangelistic pastor (2 Timothy 4:3-5) Bill Dyer
- Hills to die on – establishing Biblical priorities in ministry (2 Timothy 4:1-5) Martin Downes (E), Gwynn Williams (W)
- No secret sins: seeking purity in public and private ministry (2 Timothy 1:9; 2:22) Andrew Davies
- Foundations for long term ministry (2 Timothy 3:10-17) Geoff Thomas
There will plenty of time to relax and develop friendship during the conference. Outdoor activities have been organized for Tuesday afternoon under the leadership of Matt Rees (outdoor instructor). The conference centre offers quality surroundings and meals in a relaxed atmosphere.
Full board accommodation – £150
Early bird discount (for those booking before September 30th) – £120
Day visitor – £30 (not including meals)