Sunday, February 01, 2009

To Affinity and beyond

From Wednesday toFriday this week I will be at the Affinity Theological Study Conference. The theme this year is The End of the Law? Examining the role of the law in the Bible, the Church and Society. The speakers are Paul Helm, Mike Horton, Bob Letham, Iain D. Campbell, Douglas Moo and Chris Bennett.

Adrian Reynolds will be live blogging the conference here

I will be leading one of the discussion groups and writing up some reflections on the issues raised by the conference in the Evangelical Magazine

Next Sunday it will be my privilege to preach at Capel Fron in Penrhyndeudraeth, in beautiful Snowdonia. It will be my third year going there to preach, and they are always an encouraging church to spend the day with.

My apologies that the whole Calvin 365 thing had died a death. I spent the best part of two weeks being ill in January and, having fallen that far behind, it would just have taken too much to catch up.

2 comments:

étrangère said...

I'm jealous. Really wanted to attend this - but it would fall in the middle of CU mission season! Thanks for flagging up Adrian's live-blogging.

Gary Brady said...

See you at High Leigh. Sorry about Calvin (esp when I nicked your idea and haven't been ill). I'm thinking of live(ish) blogging too.